In normal case, pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks. Medically, miscarriage is known as spontaneous abortion. Miscarriage pregnancy ends before 20 weeks. About 15 to 20 percent pregnancy turns to miscarriage. Mostly, it happens within 13 weeks of pregnancy.
There are several causes of miscarriage like:
- Miscarriage can take place when the egg attaches itself to the wrong place instead of attaching to the walls of uterus.
- The most common cause is the genetic abnormality.
- Intake of alcohol, smoking and other medications increases the risk of miscarriage. For example, if person is taking acne treatment then it is going to affect on the pregnancy.
- Immune system of some female is not good enough and it destroys the fetus instead of letting it grow in the uterus.
- The risk of miscarriage increases with the age. Mostly after the age of 35.
Some times there are some abnormalities in the uterus like tumors. There can be other structural abnormalities. Person should be aware and keep few things in mind with pregnancy. There are some warnings signs of miscarriage if you see any of them, then just inform your doctor about it, like:
- If you just have passed fetal tissue
- If you have spotting or bleeding and you have no pain.
- Some fluid coming out of your vagina without any bleeding or pain with it.
- If you have heavy bleeding with pain in abdomen.
If you have just faced this situation then also you have to keep few things in your mind. First and the foremost thing is this, that any female can have this situation so do not blame yourself for what had happened. With the miscarriage, you have missed many other things and strength of your body. So to recover from it, take rest properly.
Rest will help you to recover physically as well as emotionally. If you want to cry then just cry out and feel light. Life does not stop, so go on with your life. Talk to your friends and family. And if needed, talk to your medical advisor. These people will surely help you to come out of this situation.