The cancer of the ovaries is believed to be as silent killer, because most often you may see absolutely no symptoms, and finally when you do see some symptoms the cancer would have progress into some advanced stage. The biggest problem with this type of cancer is that it is not detectable at an early stage and that’s why it consumes more lives than any other cancer type.
Most of the early symptoms are way too mild, and in most cases women may not even notice the symptoms for a long time. Anyways here are some symptoms that are usually associated with the cancer of the ovaries.
1. The patient has a feeling of fullness in the pelvic region, and at times this may be accompanied by a feeling of discomfort as well.
2. Digestion is a big problem, and problems like gas and bloating are overly rampant. Also the common over-the-counter drugs may offer no relief in these symptoms.
3. The sufferer may also experience pain during sexual activities.
4. There may be abnormal bleeding, both during menstruation as well as on the remaining days.
5. General swelling and pain may also be experienced around the abdominal region.
Although, these are some of the general symptoms, the presence of any of these symptoms does not necessarily indicate towards ovarian cancer. Nonetheless, it is advisable that you get in touch with your doctor if you do experience any of these symptoms. Since, early detection offers a very high cure rate.
The treatment methodology for the cancer of the ovaries will depend on several different factors, which are usually unique in case of every patient. The physician will determine the stage as well as the grade of the cancer before finalizing further action.
The most common surgery for ovarian cancer is Hysterectomy along with complete removal of the fallopian tube and the affected ovary. Post surgery, the regular Chemotherapy or radiation will be carried out, as is done in case of most other cancer types.