Choose the right color
Selecting the perfect lipstick shade that will suit you could be a tricky business. So, while making such selections, keep this rough guide in mind:
* People having lighter skin tone should use honey, light pinks, mocha, blue-undertone reds and beige color having pink undertones.
* Rich reds, colors having a brownish pink tinge and medium browns from caramel to mocha suit average skin tones.
* People having darker skin tone should use sheer pinks, plums and brownish reds, beige color having pink gloss and almost any shade of brown.
After finding the perfect color, applying it properly to look gorgeous.
You can play down thick lips using the following tips:
* Using a lip liner, draw a line just inside your natural lip line to define the lips.
* Use a lipstick of the same color as that of your lip pencil to fill in. It is preferable to use a lip brush for such application.
* Use matte or dark colored lipstick as they give your lips a thinner appearance. Shun glossy lipsticks as they create a false impression of fullness.
* To tone down your thick lips, dab some powder on them.
You can play up thin lips using the following tips:
* Using a lip liner, draw a line just outside your natural lip line to define the lips. However, don’t go overboard by drawing an artificial outline that’s way beyond your natural lip line.
* Fill in with a lipstick that’s a bit lighter than the shade of your lip pencil. This will create a false impression of depth.
* Utilize frosted shades and apply generous amounts of gloss. Shun matte lipsticks, or use a touch of gloss as a follow up. This makes you ready to turn heads your way.