The trick to choose eyeglass frames is simply to analyze the shape of your face and color and then understand what kind of eyeglass frames will look best on you.
Some basic information will help you choose the right frames
• The frame you are choosing should not go higher than your eyebrow line.
• The shape of the frame should be contrasting to the shape of your face.
• Choose frames, sizes of which are in proportion to your face, for instance, don’t go for larger frames when you have a small face structure.
• If you want to avoid the discomfort of your frame touching down on your cheeks every time you smile, make sure you look for such frames that have squared lower edges, which do not create this kind of problem.
Selecting the right pair of eyeglass frames is often confusing, but here’s how you can make things easier.
Few tips to look fabulous in frames
Go for frames keeping your lifestyle in mind. College kids and students can try glasses that come in funky designs and exotic colors. On the other hand, corporate individuals can simply try the ones which can give a corporate yet smart look.
Different materials are available in stores nowadays. You have ample options to choose from and find out which complements your face the best. Remember that the color and shape of your eyeglass frames play an important role in making you look good.
Seven basic face shapes and eyeglasses
1. If you have a rounded chin and your face appears longer, you have an oval face. That’s also considered to be the ideal shape because of its balanced proportions.
To complement it, walnut shaped frames are the best or the frames that are as wide as the broadest part of your face. You have the liberty to actually go for most shapes of frames.
2. Rectangular faces, with oblong outlines or square chins can consider large square frames.
3. Triangular faces with broad forehead and tapered down chin should try small rounded or square frames.
4. Square faces can try oval and round eyeglass frames.
5. Diamond faces with wide cheekbones and narrow forehead and chin, should give wider, bigger or rimless frames a try.
6. Rectangular glasses are ideal for round faces.
7. Pyramid face shapes with narrow forehead that broadens as you move down, can go for accentuated frames with detailing to balance out the overall look.