1. Always use good quality cosmetics, and avoid the temptation to save a few pennies buying cheap cosmetics. Cheap cosmetics means cheap ingredients and these cheap ingredients can have some severe damaging effects on your skin. Stick to buying well known brands, with which you can be sure about the quality.
2. Wearing makeup to look beautiful is fine, but before you say goodnight, be sure to wipe your skin clean of all the makeup. With the layers of makeup, your pores are blocked and your skin finds it difficult to breathe, and the adverse effects of this will show up sooner or later.
3. Learn to love your skin and be gentle to it. Harsh scrubbing, pulling and tugging will cause damage to your skin. And being gentle doesn’t simply imply being nice to your skin physically but it also implies using quality cosmetics that won’t harm your skin. Go in for milder cosmetics and remember to cleanse and moisturize your skin on a regular basis.
4. Exfoliating should be a regular feature, to get rid of all the dirt stuck in the pores and to remove dead skin cells. And equally important, is using face masks to feed your skin externally with essential nutrients and essential oils.
5. Keeping your skin hydrated is the most important of all, so keep your moisturizer at easy reach, wherever you go. And after every face wash, make it a habit to use a moisturizer.
6. The harsh Sun rays, laden with the UV radiation, have the most detrimental effect on your skin. And the best way to safeguard your skin against sun damage is to use a good sunscreen lotion and to keep your skin covered whenever you step out in the sun.
7. Get some night treatment cosmetics, to replenish and revitalize your skin, which contain antioxidants and herbal extracts. These must be applied to the skin before bedtime to neutralize the effect of makeup, sun damage and exposure to chemicals and pollution.
8. And lastly and most importantly, for healthy skin care mental stress is the most important of all. So indulge in some recreational activities to hammer the stress, and help your skin to glow and shine.