When you’re looking for strong shiny hair, the first thing you need to focus on is the health of your scalp. If you have a dry and itchy scalp, then you first need to treat this scalp condition before you can even dream about having beautiful hair.
Quite like the rest of the skin of our body, the scalp keeps shedding dead cells every 28 days to help the new healthy skin cells to emerge to the surface. But sometimes external triggers like cold temperature, loss of moisture, reaction to harsh chemicals such as hair color, and the buildup of hair care products cause the dead cells to pile up on the scalp by interfering with the natural exfoliating process.
And it is these pileups which results in the formation of flakes. Anyways, here are five lovely tips that will help you in dealing with the problem of dry scalp.
1. No matter how itchy the scalp is, avoid scratching, because the more you scratch the more it will get irritated. Also scratching can cause a lot of hair breakage.
2. Always go in for a moisturizing shampoo, which does not have any strong chemicals and is loaded with some natural ingredients. Shampoo enriched with sea-buckthorn oil is quite beneficial in treating the problem of dry and itchy scalp.
3. Always follow up your hair shampooing session with a conditioner application, to restore the lost moisture. Also, the conditioner will help in lifting away the remaining flakes from the scalp.
4. Follow a hair cleansing routine twice a week, especially if you use a lot of hairstyling products, to avoid buildups. Washing your hair regularly will help in loosening the dead skin cells from the scalp, thus preventing itching and the formation of flakes.
5. Avoid using any kind of heat treatments to style up your hair. And even when you go in for a hair wash, use warm water only, because hot water washes away all the natural oils from your scalp.