Wavy hair is versatile. One can go from the “girl next door” look to the “sexy siren” look in a jiffy. In case you have not been blessed with natural waves, you can now easily get that look without much hassle.
There are a number of ways to create those waves in your hair. One of the easiest ways to do so is by using a curling iron. It is not only easy to use, but also gives you the control over what kind of waves you want to have. Given below is the step by step technique to create a wavy hair:-
1. Wash your hair a day before you wish to curl your hair, as too clean hair may be resistant to such styling and the waves will not last long. Before you begin styling your hair, spray a texture or styling spray on the roots of your hair and massage it well.
Make sure your hair is completely dry before embarking on the styling process as wet hair will make the waves go limp. Blow-dry your hair if necessary.
2. Gently comb your hair with a wide toothed comb in order to eliminate any knots or tangles. Once completely dry, separate your hair into different sections and secure it with hair clips. You will have to style one section at a time.
3. Take around 1 inch thick strand of the bottom most section of hair and spray styling spray on it. Comb it through and wrap it around the barrel of a curling iron up to one inch from the scalp.
Keep it for 5-10 seconds and then gradually release it. Roll up this strand and attach it with a bobby pin. Follow the same procedure on all the sections of your hair.
4. Once you are over with the curling, wait till the hair cools down, release the bobby pins and run your fingers through the hair in order to loosen the curls and give your hair the desired waves. You can spray some hair serum or saltwater mist in order to add shine to your waves and to hold them in place.
Points to Remember:
• For creating waves, you should opt for the wider barrels of curling iron of around 1 to 2 inches width.
• Do not overdo the hairspray or your hair will feel crunchy.
• Never brush your hair after curling as it ends up making the hair frizzy.