Pregnancy is a different experience for every woman, and no two women may experience similar symptoms during pregnancy. While some may be overly troubled by morning sickness, others may keep complaining about back pain or general discomfort.
There’s a long list of symptoms, but here we will talk about heartburn and indigestion which can be quite troublesome during the first trimester.
What causes heartburn and indigestion?
You’re probably aware, that during the first trimester of pregnancy your hormones are on a roller coaster ride. Their levels are constantly changing, and this frequent change in the hormonal levels is the major factor to be blamed for indigestion and heartburn. Also your body is experiencing a lot many changes, all of which can contribute to aggravating this problem.
Heartburn and indigestion can be quite discomforting, however the intensity of these problems can be easily minimize by following the tips that we have mentioned here.
Foods that you must avoid
1. Sodas and colas, and all such carbonated drinks.
2. Sweets, desserts and chocolates.
4. Processed foods, because they usually contain a lot of preservatives.
5. Hot, spicy, fried and fatty foods.
6. Highly acidic foods and ingredients such as tomatoes and vinegar.
The eating habits that you need to change
1. First of all you must avoid over stuffing yourself.
2. Avoid eating big meals, and spread your overall daily calorie consumption into five or six small meals.
3. Avoid sleeping immediately after your meals.
4. Avoid drinking water with your meals, however you must drink a minimum of two liters of water every day.
Things that can help in relieving symptoms
1. Chewing sugar free gum, after meals will increase the production of digestive juices which will help in regulating the digestive system to some extent.
2. Sipping on cold milk helps in reducing heartburn.
3. Take ample rest, and get into the habit of taking afternoon naps.